MAINTENANCE TRAINEE – BARE WIRE DIVISION
LOCATIONS: Bare Wire Division, NY Plants: OWI-C, Jordan, Rome
REPORTS T0: Maintenance Manager
JOB PURPOSE: The Maintenance Trainee will work under the direct supervision of a Maintenance Mechanic or Maintenance Electrician to become proficient in all areas of Maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Preventative Maintenance Program training under direct supervision of Maintenance Mechanic. Trainee will complete routine preventative maintenance work orders.
- One the job training to perform mechanical/electrical machinery repairs
- Training in fabrication/plumbing/welding repairs to the building and facilities.
- Trainee will complete safety work orders as assigned.
- Daily communication with Maintenance Manager to ensure objectives are met.
- Support and comply with company policies and procedures as applicable.
- Demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BOCES Coursework and/or certification in mechanical, electrical, welding, heavy equipment or automotive technology preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent as well as,
- Ability to manage time-sensitive tasks
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude
- Standard Manufacturing Plant Working Conditions
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Medical and Dental
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Not applicable